03 November 2013

Free time!

Okay, I haven't been here in so long that I've forgotten how to get here. Maybe part of it was Google changing the interface a bit, but I seriously was like, "Uh, how exactly do I get to Blogger again?"

I've been sitting here, watching the Timberwolves, wondering what else I could be doing with myself because I've kinda run out of shit to do today. And that feels really weird.

Work has been insanely busy for the last several weeks. My boss had surgery and was supposed to be out two weeks. It's been more like seven weeks at this point. I've worked mostly 50-hour weeks (at least it feels that way) while he's been out. But I guess it's been worth it, because all the work I did brought in one new client and possibly two additional clients.

Of course, no one has even thanked me to my face. But what else is new at this place? I will certainly be pushing for a raise and promotion come review time.

Honestly, I don't know what is going on today. I took all day yesterday off (because it's Saturday and taking a weekend day "off" is something I need to justify?) and was really pretty damn lazy. Well, I guess I ran errands after a nap and watching the Gophers win in a squeaker.

Today, though, I went to the gym, did laundry and dishes, removed my AC unit and cleaned up the resulting dusty, leafy mess, cooked a roast (about to roast some vegetable accompaniments), worked a good three hours and once the Timberwolves game started, I was all, "What next?" I swear I couldn't spend two days being lazy if my life depended on it. And there was much clearing of the DVR yesterday and today.

Oh sweet Christ. My phone just chimed in with a WINTER STORM WARNING. Guess I got that air conditioner out just in time.

So yeah, I haven't posted in more than two months. But not a whole lot has happened. My nephew turned one. I saw Neko Case and Jason Isbell. Went to La Cross for a Girls' Weekend with KayGee, Em, Alli and Jenn. Probably other things. I honestly don't remember much of September. I'm probably forgetting something major from September. Good thing I haven't posted in a while, so no one is reading and no one will have his or her feelings hurt.

Don't expect a flurry of posts. I was doing okay there for a little while, but shit got busy and the posts dried up. I wish I had something to say about the Minneapolis mayoral race in advance of the election Tuesday. I've been relying on the research and opinions of others (which generally match mine, but still) to help inform my decision. I just wish there was more than one non-shitty candidate (we have ranked choice voting! Captain Jack Sparrow might get my third vote),

Maybe I'll have time to post shit if we get this storm in the next couple of days. Jesus. I can't handle that.

No comments: