25 August 2013

Strugglin'.

Man. I just got my first free weekend in ages. Like, six weeks to be a bit more precise. There have been so many things going on -- mom's knee replacement, family vacation, sister's wedding, concerts, Girls' Weekend, work, friends visiting  ...

I mean, I was gently accused of being busy yesterday! I had to squeeze some damn time in my schedule to visit W before she pops out Baby #2. She may have mentioned something about me doing "Jess Things." And yeah, I guess that's true. But man, I am ready for this shit to be done.

One of the many things that have fallen to the wayside while I've been busy with shit was the general state of my apartment. Being home was stressing me out because there was so much fucking clutter and dust and dear sweet Jebus, I couldn't stand it.

So, this was to be my weekend to clean. And then this weekend arrived. And so did the heat. I figured I'd be able to clean and do a bunch of cooking yesterday, because the heat wave wasn't supposed to start until Sunday. Except it was still 88 or 90 yesterday. The humidity didn't kick in until later in the day, so after I got home from the house on Pillsbury, I managed to at least do a little cooking and ... well, I didn't clean, but I put a bunch of shit away and the mess isn't nearly as stressful now (though, I have managed to fill some of the space back in awfully quickly).

My apartment didn't seem so bad early this afternoon. This, of course, led me to think it might be a good idea to do some cooking. The fridge has been full-to-overflowing with CSA vegetables, so I needed to do something. Minestrone seemed like the thing to do. And it got pretty bad. Doing the dishes didn't help. This is obviously not a good week for soup-eating, so I had to have lunch, too. Chicken thighs in the crockpot it is.

Suffice it to say, it's warmish in here and I have a shitload of dishes to do. But they're gonna have to wait until tomorrow. I just can't fucking handle it tonight. At least I've got food to eat all week and I shouldn't have to turn on the oven. Maybe I can even do a smidge of cleaning each night, too.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh, that's hilarious. Maybe next weekend.

Now, I've gotta eat this sweet corn and take a shower.

No comments: