18 April 2013

Oh boy, guys. Shit's about to get real.

I am less than 48 hours away from meeting the mother of The Boy I Currently Like.

Wait.

What?

I'm freaking out just a little bit. But then I'm not. It's fun!

We had big plans to go to Sea Salt and sit outside and eat delicious seafood. There would have been people, dogs and trees for me to look at and serve as a distraction. But we've got several inches of snow right now and we're supposed to get about eight total by tomorrow.

EIGHT INCHES OF SNOW ON APRIL 18-19. Can we please stop denying climate change now? Because, seriously. This shit is fucked up, yo.

Anyway, I'm freaking out a little bit about meeting his mom. She may or may not be a little judgmental. Also, I've never met the mother of a guy I've dated. I'm not sure how I thought I'd get away with never meeting the family of a guy I dated, but I've been goddamn successful up until the last year.

I guess that with us not going to Sea Salt and possibly to a place that has no booze I don't have to worry about his mom being scandalized about me having a lunch beer. You guys, I love lunch beers on the weekend. However, I've heard plenty of stories about her saying to The Boy as he goes to get a second beer, "Oh. You're having another beer?"

Hooooo, boy. She would be absolutely scandalized by my family. A couple of beers at a weekend lunch ain't no thang. Shit. We start drinking before noon on holidays. 'Cause it's noon somewhere, right?

So, as much as I freak out about what would she think should I have a beer at lunch, I also think, I'm 39 goddamn years old and I'll have a fucking lunch beer if I want.

The one thing I know, is that I should not be drinking before lunch to take the edge off. I'm gonna have to go to the gym or something.




No comments: