17 February 2013

Ugh, I'm the worst.

There have been many days since I last posted where I was gonna post, but I just didn't get around to it. I ran out of time/energy/whatever.

And now that I started this post like, an hour ago, I've forgotten what the hell I was gonna write about. Awesome!

Tomorrow is the last birthday of my 30s. I go into it having been diagnosed with cataracts a week ago. They're not age-related. They don't know what causes them. Possibly genetics. Possibly medications, specifically steroids, which I've been taking off and on for God knows how long because of my asthma.

It's distressing and depressing. But, at the end of the day, I'll get medically necessary vision correction surgery. They go in and take the bad lens out and replace it with a plastic lens, which they can make any power. So, they can put in a lens that corrects my nearsightedness and then I'm good. If it works. It'll just suck getting to the point where I actually need the surgery. It could happen quickly or it could take years to progress.

So, now I have to decide if I should get new glasses or not. My actual prescription changed just enough so that I could get new glasses if I wanted to get them. But do I get new glasses if I might have to have cataract surgery in six months?

Oh man.

Anyway, I'm hanging out alone on my birthday eve after having a lovely night bowling with a few friends last night. I was feeling sorry for myself, but I've had some wine and I'm having fun doing stuff around the house. Like cleaning receipts out of my wallet and watching the NBA All-Star Game. Fun!

I've got the week off work and I'm all out of sorts. I have no idea what to do with myself. This shit's exciting!

1 comment:

The Lissst! said...

Hi Jess. I haven't read your blog in like...2 years (it's me not you. Did I just really say that to another women? JK)
Anyway, You still are probably one of my favorites
Thank You