25 November 2012

So begins the season of post-holiday let-downs.

At least it was brief, this time around. I'm not entirely sure it was even a real let-down. It might have been more that I just needed some goddamn downtime. 

Oh, I was lazy after Thursday. I barely managed to get to the gym yesterday and I didn't go today. Actually, I don't think I was lazy enough. I just don't have the time. There are dishes to wash, leftovers to deal with, cleaning to do (still got that out there), work to do ... stuff, stuff, stuff.

I really hate that I'm looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow, if only to have the comfort of a routine again. My life just gets all weird when I don't have some sort of structure. I eat on a a fucked up schedule, go to bed and get up at all hours ... I swear I had a better schedule when I was unemployed than I do when I have several days off.

After looking at my calendar today (and really thinking about it right now), I'm kind of kicking myself for not being completely and totally lazy these last few days. I don't have a free weekend again until next year. Of course, that's just a few weeks away. Still ... It's all fun stuff. I think. For the most part, anyway.

Come to think of it, I should probably spend the rest of my evening coaxing out the last bits of relaxation. So, I shall.

No comments: