05 September 2012

DNC vs. Football

I'm trying get around to posting something. Anything! And of course, I start right when Bill Clinton starts speaking at the DNC. That's some good work, Jess.

OH GOD. MY CABLE FEED IS FREEZING. Please make it stop!

There were a number of days last week where I meant to post, where I wanted to post. But I didn't post. I didn't post about going to the wedding where I was meeting The Boy I Currently Like's family. I didn't post about taking The Boy with me to meet my extended family. I didn't post about either of my fantasy football drafts.

I posted about nothing. And I'm not going to post in detail about any of it. Sorry. I'll try to gloss over everything, so you get a flavor. But Bill Clinton is still speaking and, y'all, I'm ready to go out and fight someone or something. Why do you get me so worked up and inspired right before bedtime? It just seems wrong.

Turns out, meeting The Boy's family was a breeze. Because he had a panic attack and we left the wedding before it was even half over. I never really had time to be nervous. It was horrible for him and I felt awful for him.

Side note: Bill Clinton is FUCKING KILLING IT. You guys, I want to go out and fight someone. And/or register voters. I'm never gonna get to sleep tonight. 

Fortunately, we were able to spend a bit of time with The Boy's sister, brother-in-law and niece the day after the wedding. It was lovely and they were great. I got hugs when they left. I would love to spend time with them again in the future, so I think it all worked out.

Car got fixed. My fantasy drafts were held and I'm pretty happy with my teams. I totally abandoned football tonight, though. And I have no regrets about that.

The Boy met most of the family at my cousin's wedding this past weekend. He met my college friend Em, which I think was almost more important than meeting all of those family members. Oh man, I had such a great time with her on Friday night! I only wish KayGee could have been there. He skipped the wedding and ended up not even spending much time at the reception, again because of a panic attack (actually, he skipped the wedding to avoid a panic attack ... it worked until they opened up the doors to the ballroom where the reception would be held).

Those of the family who met him, albeit briefly, liked him. At least one of my aunts said he was cute (no arguments here). But after having to explain to every. single. one. of. them. why he was gone so quickly, I started to get upset. And I think there was a lot of build up there. I think, even before they all met him, I was getting the "why have you kept him from us for so long?" Well, this is why. I didn't want him to freak out and I didn't want to have to explain to everyone why he was gone suddenly.

So, I got drunk and when I went back to my room to talk to The Boy, I lost it. Oh my God, y'all, I was bawling. The Boy was impressed (or concerned?) that I was crying while brushing my teeth. Silly guy. I'm able to multitask. I felt horrible. After repeating his story over and over I again, I just started to feel HORRIBLE. I dragged him to Milwaukee to put him in uncomfortable situations/coop him up in a hotel room.

Well, he said it wasn't that bad and we ended the weekend with fun. We went to the Milwaukee Zoo (got in FREE with our Como Zoo membership, yo!) and saw some awesome animals, then went to Madison to spend the night with Pablocity Boykitten's mom and dad. Oh, that was an awesome night, you guys. We sat on the shore of Lake Monona all night and ate, drank and talked. It was delightful. We ate like, a billion kinds of meat (okay, chicken, pork and bacon, plus other meat-themed things).

I think that's most of it. I am trying very hard to keep up with this blog. I promised Em that I would! I'm coming down from my Bill Clinton DNC speech, so I think I should wrap it up. I gotta get ready for tomorrow night. How can it be anything other than FUCKING EPIC?

No comments: