19 September 2012

Comcast only kinda screwed me today.

I consider that a win, really.

My remote had been getting less and less responsive, to the point where I beat it on the couch in a fit of rage last night.

After work tonight, I had to run some errands in preparation for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday. Since the Comcast office is practically right across the street from Michaels, I figured I'd stop in and get a new remote.

It went so smoothly! I was going to have a new remote working fantastically!

Then I got home and spent an hour trying to get it to work. Oh, I had no problem programming my TV or DVR. But the cable box? Yeah, that's not gonna work.

I tried everything and eventually learned that they gave me a remote programmed with a code for a different cable box. Then I went online and chatted with someone in customer support. I had to wait like, 10 minutes, for someone to show up, but after that it was a breeze. In fact, it was better than the phone because I didn't have to ask for numbers to be repeated or anything like that.

So, yay.

2 comments:

Gia said...

Good for you! In general, I think comcast is the devil.

Jess said...

Seriously, Comcast is the worst. But at least in this case, they were only kinda the worst.