27 July 2012

Should I be nervous?

So, tomorrow I bring The Boy I Currently Like to the farm. I did it not that long ago; but it was to watch the dog while the 'rents were out of town. There was no family to meet.

However, my brother showed up and I was absolutely convinced it was some sort of conspiracy. They told me otherwise on the family vacation. But hey -- there's nothing wrong with a little paranoia. Or healthy scepticism. Right? RIGHT?

Anyway, The Boy will be meeting the rest of the immediate fam tomorrow. It's mostly in an effort to make sure he knows at least some people when we go to my step-cousin's wedding next month.

But also, it feels kind of inevitable at this point. Maybe it should feel like a Big Deal -- I mean, he's meeting my family. At this point, though, it really just feels like something we need to get out of the way. It's not like we're moving in together soon or getting married. Lord no. It's just ... he's a pretty significant part of my life and my family is, as well. How long could I keep the two separate?

I hope it's not horrible for him. There have been so many times over the past months and maybe even years that I have been in something of a panic about him meeting my family. But at this point ... I'm not even really sure it's that huge of a deal. I mean, it is a big deal. But I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it.

Mostly, we get to play with the dog and have other people pay for our food. Not to shabby, right.


No comments: