29 April 2012

Probably could have timed things better today.

I was really unhappy to wake up at 8:00 this morning, but as I'm typing this, I realize I didn't actually feel tired today. I mean, that was about seven hours of sleep, so hey -- more than normal.

Because the idea of getting out of bed at 8:00 on Sunday when I had nothing to get out of bed for was super-odious to me, I lounged around in bed for at least an hour. I also had a headache (still have it!) and was still tired, dammit.

I spent entirely too much time working/drinking coffee/watching Law & Order this morning, so it was like, 12:30 or 1:00 before I got to the gym. And then I spent 50 minutes on the elliptical and did extra stretching, because ... well, I wasn't tired and it fucking felt good.

By the time I started work again, it was 4:00 and between work and laundry (four loads!), it was 7:00 before I decided to start making cookies. I opted not to chill them before baking and well, that was a pretty bad idea. The first batch spread so much and didn't even finish baking. FAIL. The second batch finished baking, but spread something awful.

So, I threw the dough in the fridge and decided to cook up the broccoli that had been taking up space in my refrigerator. I used the America's Test Kitchen method. Jesus H. Christ, y'all, that is some good broccoli. I'm pretty sure I'll eat most of it tonight.

And that's good because the super-cold cookies aren't working tonight, either. What the fuck? I guess at least I won't be up until 1:00 baking cookies.

I HATE FAILING AT BAKING.

This thing went off the rails. What are you gonna do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how the recipe says that garlic is optional. Notin my world, America's Test Kitchen!