28 April 2012

60!

That's about how many hours I've worked this week. Of course, my ... I don't use a time sheet, so our time tracking system or whatever, will show around 68 hours, because I did have that "day off," on Tuesday.

The nice thing is that I finished about two hours earlier than I did last Saturday. The super shitty thing is that I worked until 10:00 at The Boy I Currently Like's place last night and worked another couple of hours there today.

I suppose I could have bailed on him again, but I'm trying really hard to find some semblance of balance in my life. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a terrible job of it. How would I feel if he came to my house and did something else for three hours while we were supposed to be hanging out?

But what were my other options? Working at the office until 8:00 or 9:00? Canceling on him two weekends in a row? I kind of feel like I made the best of shitty situation, but I don't really know if that's true.

Not only did work infringe on my time with The Boy, but I had to turn down my brother's offer of free Twins tickets for tomorrow. Gee, I'd love to, but I'll be working all afternoon. I didn't get any laundry done today, so I am going to have to do four loads tomorrow amongst the work and trying to figure out what I'll have for lunch all week.

It would be so much more bearable if there was an end in sight. But alas, there is not. I guess this is my new normal. I don't think I care very much for it. At least I got some cooking done tonight. And I'm kinda drunk. So, yay for that.

No comments: