07 March 2012

New normal.

Work was weird today. It was so quiet. I'm sure the fact that we had extra people in the office Monday and Tuesday and today had not only the extra people gone (or at least shut up in a room on the far side of the office), but some of the regulars gone as well, contributed to the weirdness.

I seem to be taking this a lot harder than I would have imagined. But one of my favorite people in the office is gone now. That's a hit you feel.

But I managed to not only get through the day, but to get work done. I went to the gym and did things as normal tonight. That felt good.

I really should have been applying for jobs tonight, but I got home late and spent a chunk of my evening on the phone with The Boy I Currently Like. So, I didn't get it done. Poop. I started painting my toenails late, too, so I'm gonna have to stay up to let them dry. Man, I'm fuckin' shit up left and right tonight.


2 comments:

Cosmos said...

Talking to The Boy was probably better than applying for jobs. In a day or two you'll have a better mindset to apply for jobs. Good luck.

Jess said...

I'm sure you're right. It's probably best not to do it when I'm all angry and emotional.