26 March 2012

Just one day off the mark.

At the gym tonight, I was composing a blog post in my head after seeing some dicks on CNBC saying that the individual mandate included in our health care reform law currently being argued before the Supreme Court was an infringement on personal freedom.

Then I realized that it was the anniversary of the day I started this blog. Except now that I look, it was yesterday. I think coming within a day is pretty damn good, seeing as how that day was SIX FREAKIN' YEARS AGO.

My goodness. Where has the time gone? I suppose where time always goes ... into our pasts. Wow. That was kinda profound. Or something.

It's funny that I was pondering having somehow become a homebody. I've kinda gone crazy in that respect. In that I feel like I rarely go out. Except, of course, I have two different activities this upcoming Saturday night. The warming weather always brings with it More Stuff To Do. And that's a good thing.

Should I be waxing more poetical about my blogiversary? I don't know that there's anything to say that hasn't already been said all the previous years. I can't believe I'm still doing this, I can't believe people still read it ... blah, blah, blah.

I'm totally in a slump right now, what with work being crazy busy because a) we're busy and b) they canned a bunch of people. Having a job that requires me to think at work really cuts in on my blogging time. Being afraid that the slightest wrong thing could get me canned, really cuts into my blogging time. I don't even bother to do it at work. Throw in late working nights or getting home from the gym after 9:00 and I'm sucking at this.

However, with things being cyclical and all that, I feel like I'll come back around and write ... stuff that's not about how much I'm working and how everything sucks. With summer approaching there will be lots of things happening. We have an election on the horizon and really important things happening in the country right now (see: aforementioned Supreme Court case; see also: Trayvon Martin). I have things to say about all of them. I just have to find time to say it.

I have things to say about not shampooing my hair for six weeks. I have exciting cooking stuff to do now that I have my big freezer (I should probably organize it first ... my current method of just dumping things in hasn't been effective, shockingly enough).

Hopefully, I'll be able to talk about a new job I get down the road ... if I ever find time to apply for some.

In the meantime, I'll do my best to not be horribly repetitive and surly/depressed. As always, I can't believe anyone ever read this in the first place, much less anyone is still reading it now. I can't believe I've met so many awesome people through this silly piece of self-indulgence. I can't believe so many people I knew before I started this are reading it.

So, thanks and stuff. Y'all are awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're awesome too ! keep on blogging !

barbara

Stacey said...

Today is MY 6-year blogiversary. Happy Anniversary to us!

Jess said...

Shut UP! Happy anniversary to us, indeed.

And thank you, Barbara.