22 March 2012

Exciting news!

Ha! Gotcha. I'm just yankin' your chain. Nothing exciting going on here. I'm just finishing up work at almost 10:30.

Man, I really hope next week gets better. As if this week wasn't bad enough, for whatever reason, the document I worked on ALL DAY yesterday disappeared. It was nowhere to be found. The document I sent to Chicken Little was the document that I sent to myself on Tuesday night, before I left work.

That's weird, because I worked on it that night at home and sent it back to myself. So, the document I opened yesterday just fucking vanished. I managed to find one of two autosaved versions ... from about four hours before I finished working on it (but my Microsoft Word autosaves every 10 minutes!).

So, I recreated about four hours worth of work today, and put in an addition hour. FUN! I still have about an hour's worth of work yet to do on it, and that's before Chicken Little rips it to shreds. Oh dear God. I don't know how I'll get through this. I'm pretty sure tomorrow is going to be a nightmare. Yay, Friday.

I took a break between working at the office and working at home to go to Herberger's and get some new shoes. My mom had sent me a bunch of their Goodwill coupons and they expired today, so I had to use them! Of course, it turned out that I didn't need them. The dude who rang me up had some sitting there at the register.

The only problem was that they were woefully understaffed for the crowd that was shoe-shopping. The entire process took about an hour. I waited a good 20 minutes to get some shoes to try on, and then waited another 20 or so to get a different size. Delightful.

But now I have two comfortable pairs of sandals for the summer. And I paid less than$150 for two pairs of shoes that were about $100 each. Hoo. Ray.

I'm hoping I get at least Saturday off this weekend. I'm so fucking exhausted. I'm not sure how I'm still functioning at this point.

No comments: