04 March 2012

Decision affirmed.

The 'rents brought my Brand New Chest Freezer on Saturday. I was agonizing about it all Friday. Would it blow a fuse? Would my mom freak out about the state of my apartment? There were probably other things. But I was tired and all that, so I really can't remember.

Crap. This is going to take me forever to write. I just started watching Psycho. This movie is so terrible, awesome and creepy all at the same time.

Frighteningly enough, my mom didn't say a peep about how clean or not clean my place was/is. Well, she said something about the dust on my ceiling fan blades, but that's really not bad. And she just asked if I had one of those long-handled Swiffer things. I explained to her my whole program for cleaning those things (I have really high ceilings) and that was that.

Getting the freezer into my room wasn't exactly easy, but Dad and I did it. Mostly Dad. He's a clever one. Though, he did run the bumper of the truck into a tree while trying to back it up to my deck. No one's perfect. 


It doesn't look too bad, does it? When I finally plugged it in, it was a bit noisy, but that quit pretty quickly. If I needed any affirmation that I made the right decision, it came tonight when I tried to put new ice cube trays in my regular freezer. I just got them at Target and THEY DIDN'T FUCKING FIT. 

Fortunately, I was able to make room to put them sideways by moving even more stuff to the deep freeze. So, this was the correct decision. And I'm really excited about the possibilities and stuff.

Though, I'm a bit concerned that my mom now seems to be wanting me to fill it full of stuff.

Christ. Here it is, 11:00 and I'm not even done in the kitchen. I finished cooking. I made leek potato soup, dill cheddar corn muffins and steel cut oats. I washed all the dishes, too. I just need to put everything away. I'll be able to freeze some of the muffins! That's so exciting. 

I should really get to bed. I'm going to the Timberwolves game tomorrow with Macho Man. I'm VERY EXCITED. 


No comments: