14 March 2012

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

You know things are unpleasant when a workout and booze can't bring you out of your funk.

We had a meeting today on how we're going to handle our workload now that we've been "rightsized." First of all, BARF. But that's not where the corporate-speak ended. There was revenue and billable and blah, blah, blah.

The best part was our boss saying, over and over again, "I was just doing what I was told to do," "I did what I had to do," "They told me I had to do this and do it now ..."

I wonder if he really thought about, or could hear, what he was saying.

Result of the meeting? Whole lot of nothing, mostly. Oh, I have to work tomorrow when I'm supposed to be off. And possibly Friday. Though, I'm hoping to work Sunday instead of Friday. That means I can't get the time back, though. Who am I kidding? I'm not going to get my full vacation/holiday/non-work time this year. I haven't yet. And that was before we got rid of more people than probably necessary.

Everything just seems so fucking short-sighted. But then again, they don't fucking care. All they care about is profit.

I really have to stop thinking about this and drink some more. At least I only work a half day (probably) and I'll be at home with my windows open, enjoying the lovely weather.

Fuck.

1 comment:

angelsroy33 said...

I totally understand what you mean and how you feel. The company I work for has done pretty much thw same thing, and wants us to do all these "extra" tasks that other people they "let go" do. I am so overwhelmed by my job, I don't know what I'm doing anymore. And the meetings are so useless,....I really do know exactly how you feel and it totally SUCKS. Totally. I hate corporations.