17 February 2012

Thanks for showing up early, weekend.

After the horrible week I've had, it was extra-delightful to get an e-mail from some HR lady telling us we were closing early for the holiday. Never mind that we didn't get MLK day off and that this is a stupid, old-white-man holiday. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I had mindless work to do today and I left at 3:00 p.m. Never mind that I was planning to leave at that time anyway. Now I don't have to feel bad about it. And I don't.

My plans were to go to happy hour with a bunch of friends, but we all dropped out for one reason or another. I did a bit of shopping and completely fucked up my purchase of new jeans (meant to buy the talls and I ended up with the average length, for some strange reason), so I have to do more shopping tomorrow.

Ended up going out for Mexican food with KayGee and The Prison Librarian. This is the start of three consecutive days hanging with them, and I'm very excited about that.

I think it's about time for me to be heading to bed. That'll mean a decent start, time-wise for my birthday tomorrow. So, that's exciting.

3 comments:

Cosmos said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !!

barbara

Jess said...

Thanks, y'all!