20 February 2012

Not a bad weekend.

I didn't sleep late on Saturday, because I went to bed so damn early, what with the exhausting week I had and all that. The pre-birthday festivities part of the day were pretty lame. I ran errands and went to the gym. My mom, sister and brother all called at essentially the same time to wish me a happy birthday. Our family has a weird phone sense. I've been on the phone with my mom and had my dad call me while I was on the phone with her. While they were in the same house, just in different rooms. They're ridiculous.

One thing that bothers me is that my sister-in-law didn't acknowledge my birthday. Oh, I'm sure her name will be on the card I get tomorrow, or in the next few days. But I didn't get a text or a call or a post on my Facebook wall. I find that kinda shitty. I texted her, sent a card, wrote on her Facebook wall and went out to dinner with her for her birthday. I'm making a goddamn effort to include her in this fucking family. It would be nice if she did the same. Am I being petty or otherwise stupid about this? I mean, I'm not hurt, really. It's the principle.

Not like I needed to hear from her anyway. I have the best fucking friends in the entire world. A smallish group came out to go bowling in St. Paul. It was a lovely time. I was with The Boy I Currently Like before and after. He got me some great presents, once again proving he actually listens to me and remembers the things I say. I was about *this* close to crying when I opened this one:


Last night, I went to see ?uestlove DJ the Revolution reunion show afterparty at First Ave. It was pretty much everything I could possibly have hoped it would be. I was out the floor, which was packed, dancing to "The Bird." It was amazing.

Thought I was hungover when I woke up this morning, but it was some kind of fake-out by my body. I've been pretty damn productive for a vacation day. The weekend and the extra day were so effective, in fact, that I'm not dreading going back to work tomorrow. It feels weird to type that out. But I think it's true. Of course, it's snowing like a motherfucker out there right now, so I might work from home. That always helps.

1 comment:

Gia said...

Glad it was a good weekend! And that Boy You Currently Like did a good job... ;)