13 February 2012

I have no title for this post.

There are lots of things I could write about. I had my review last week. It was fine. My boss was effusive with the praise, but was stingy in doling out the highest ratings.

We talked about the increased billable time. He said, "I figured, you have no problem hitting that number anyway." I told him I was disheartened because I got to that figure working nights, weekends, holidays and on my vacation time. He came back with the I-gave-back-vacation-time-too and we-didn't-get-into-this-to-be-clock-punchers bullshit.

Sure, you gave back vacation time. You also make twice as much as me. At least. And you're well aware of the fact that I didn't get into this business for any other reason than I needed a job. I made that clear when I nearly quit a couple of years ago.

Oh well. It'll all slide into the background soon enough.

Things otherwise are pretty good. I spent some time with friends yesterday, drinking in the afternoon. That'll cure what ails ya. Of course, my tension headache did come back after going away for a while, thanks to Vitamin Beer.

Law Talkin' Gal and Dr. J got engaged on Saturday. The Boy I Currently Like and I hung out with them on Friday and nothing seemed amiss. That Dr. J is one sly devil. I'm totally stoked about it.

My birthday is coming up at the end of the week. That's cool.

Even more cool? I spent most of Saturday with this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eEm6dNLXzmA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>

No comments: