16 February 2012

Here's hoping Birthday Eve improves.

Oh my sweet Jebus. I had this crazy idea that working at home today would be better than the last couple of days. Hahahahahahahahaha.

I was wrong.

I barely managed to get some breakfast and get my teeth brushed before heading to the dentist. I had to eat lunch (a fucking cold Lean Pocket) as quietly as humanly possible while on a conference call with coworkers. I sat and worked so long without getting up that my ass still hurts.

And like an idiot, I then made a birthday cake to share with my coworkers. Though, they're not the ones making my life miserable.

Here I am, again, taking forever to write this damn post. My head is throbbing. I still have to make some ganache for the cake. I know I'm tired, but I don't think I am ready for bed yet. Christ, it's only 8:10. I'm hungry, but eating anything in this house seems terrible. I kinda want to order pizza, but I know I'll be eating out a lot of the weekend. OH MY GOD. Why can't I just decide to do something? Or go to bed?

I just want this week to be over. It has sucked such big, hairy donkey balls.

But hey -- at least I got to pee in non-horrible bathrooms today. Even the gym bathroom was better than the nasty work bathroom.

3 comments:

Gia said...

Aww I'm sorry your day sucked! Happy Birthday eve!

Jess said...

Birthday Eve is actually tomorrow, but thank you! I see how that was confusatory.

Today ended up being not entirely terrible. I just made a ganache that didn't break. I think I have been fucking up by using 60 or whatever percent cacao chips instead of semisweet chips. Sometimes fancier isn't better.

Anonymous said...

it's been so long, but i think i remember. when i make ganache, i use ghirardelli bars of chocolate, not chips. i don't know if that makes any difference or not, but i've never had a problem with it.
happy birthday.
barbara