29 January 2012

Sometimes I feel like I'm terrible at weekends.

Oh, I had big plans for this weekend. Just like I have big plans for every weekend. Sometimes they come to fruition, sometimes they don't.

This weekend is one where I didn't really get around to the things I'd planned to do. The Boy I Currently Like and I got to MK's birthday surprise shindig on Friday night. We didn't stay very long, as it was busy and he was sick, but he was glad to have gone, so that's great.

Saturday was mostly a wash. I did get to the gym and ran a couple of errands, but I was laid out on the couch most of the rest of the day. I think I sat up and was alert during the Gophers OT win against Illinois. But I was in bed before midnight. And I slept until 10:00 this morning. Which fucked up much of my day today.

And here I am, tired as shit at 9:00. I guess that means I'll go to bed at a decent hour tonight and can get up and do all the work I need to do tomorrow?

Somehow, I managed to forget all of the horrible shit that I learned at the end of the work day on Friday. My favorite client, who makes up as much as half of my billable time some weeks, won't be renewing their contract. They were forced to cut their budget by a very large percentage, so we had to go.

That's not the worst of it, though. I also learned that eventually, Chicken Little will be my boss. That induced some panic. I was nearly in tears on my way to The Boy's, but some drinks managed to make me forget about it. But I remembered it and the weight of it is settling in around my shoulders. I don't know how I will be able to deal with it. It's not like anything will actually change, but I fear he may go mad with power.

I should be updating my resume. I have to get out.

No comments: