24 January 2012

Perseverance.

Man, I was so tired after work. I worked late and went to Target after work, so by the time I got home from work to have a snack and change before the gym, I was going to be getting to the gym late. Not to mention that this cold is lingering. I'm still getting occasionally nailed with waves of dizziness/fatigue/foggy-headedness.

But I was going to go to the gym anyway, because that's how I do, yo.

On my way to the car, I slipped on the icy-ass motherfucking sidewalk and bit it. I went down slowly and sat there for a minute; I considered saying "fuck it" and going back into the house and getting a glass of wine. But I got up, feeling fairly unscathed, and got in the car.

Yes. I am gonna do this!

Got to the gym and realized I had left my water bottle at home. Fuck. I hesitated, but then I kept going. I paid $2 for a bottle of Aquafina. NOTHING IS GOING TO KEEP ME DOWN.

Okay, maybe the fact that I did indeed jack my knee up a bit in the slip will keep me down. Not for long, however. I did my entire workout, save for hamstring curls. And that was because some fucking dicks were hogging the machine. I did have to drop down 15 pounds on my leg press and use my left leg to help get my right leg going, because of the knee. But I think I'm gonna be okay.

Regardless of outcome, I certainly don't think it's a repeat of last year's incident. I shit you not, my right ass cheek is still lumpy because of that. And it will be forever, because it's scar tissue. Thanks a ton, shittily designed building. At least there's only one person who spends any time fondling my ass (aside from myself), and The Boy I Currently Like claims to not notice the lumpiness.

I was going to do a post on That's not a parking spot, asshole, because there have been so many offenders at the gym. But I got home late and watched the State of the Union address and the Republican response and I've still not taken a shower. So, I think that needs to get done so I can get to bed a decent hour tonight.  Hahahahahahahahaha. Good fucking luck, bitch.

No comments: