02 January 2012

Oh, hello, New Year.

I meant to blog on New Year's Eve. I meant to blog yesterday. But, well, I just didn't get around to it. Saturday got away from me. Yesterday, once I got home from The Boy I Currently Like's house, I fell into a basketball and reading hole. When I emerged at 2:00 a.m., I figured I should go to bed.

New Year's Eve was delightful, even with the cab drama. I was having so much fun and wasn't tired that I didn't even look at my clock until like, oh, I'm gonna say well after 2:00. Possibly close to 3:00, to check with The Boy to see if we should be calling a cab. And by "we" I mean me. Rainbow Cab said it would 40 minutes when I finally got through.

After about an hour and 20 minutes I started trying again and, ooops! They forgot us. Or something. They said it would be 30 minutes. I also called Blue & White. They said it would be way longer, and that I needed to call every 20 minutes to stay in the system. Blue & White ended up calling in like 15 or 20 minutes and in the rush, I forgot to call Rainbow and cancel. Yeah, I was an asshole in that respect. A drunk, tired asshole. The Boy ended up fielding the call from the driver when we were home and I was getting ready for bed. It was nearly 50 minutes later. How the fuck were we to think they didn't forget us again? I'm probably banned for life or something now.

Anyway, it was a seriously awesome night. M&M have such great parties. And, while there were many people missing from the previous couple of years' parties, there were plenty of the same lovely folks there.

So now I have to go back to work. Right now, my work plate is mostly empty, so I should be able to ease back into things. I could be, and probably am, terribly wrong about that. But who knows? On the one hand, I'm sad to be going back to all the annoyances of work. On the other hand, routine is good for me.

Not that I didn't have a routine while I was on vacation. I barely feel like I relaxed/lazed about at all. Apparently, I opted to do that my last two days. I'm trying to decide if I should just watch TV or go back to my book. I read until 2:00 last night, though, so maybe it would be better if I vegged to the idiot box.

Then there's the gym. It was really busy late last week during the day and was awfully busy in the early afternoon today. I'm toying with the idea of going in the morning. I mean, I generally get to work after 9:00 as it is. How much worse would it be if I showed up at 10:00? I mean, I'd be home by 7:00 at the latest. That's got to be better than getting home from the gym after 9:00 and then staying up so late because I can't come down from the workout high.

I don't know ... I'll see how things go the next few days.

Oh, and lest I be remiss: your (okay, my) Minnesota Timberwolves have won back-to-back games on back-to-back nights. Last night's win was over the defending NBA champs. Fuck and yes! I'm considering asking my siblings to go to a Wolves game instead of out to dinner for my birthday. I think it's a great idea.

No comments: