27 December 2011

It's not fair, I tell ya.

I was so tired last night. I went to bed "early." I use the quotation marks because it was still like, 11:00, but it was early in the sense that I didn't have a goddamn thing to get up for this morning.

So, it stands to reason that I would wake up around 3:30 a.m. and never go back to sleep. I suppose because it was a vacation day, I tried to go back to sleep until 7:00 or so. In retrospect, that was was stupid. I could have gotten so much stuff cleared off the DVR (won't be doing that tonight -- I'm recording both the Gopher and Timberwolves games ... I'll catch up with the Wolves game after the second half of the Gopher game. Thank you, basketball gods, for the hour difference in start times).

To say I had nothing to do today isn't quite correct, either. I put in nearly a half day of work. I went to the gym and the grocery store and did a couple of things around the house. I was planning on a nap, then I thought I wouldn't end up taking one. In the end, I slept for no more than 20 minutes. It was probably more like 10-15.

I'm hoping this means I'll sleep well tonight. My new bedding felt horribly scratchy and too hot, but that could have been just because I so desperately wanted to sleep. I'll try to stay up late tonight, too.

There's not really much I have to do the rest of the week. Tomorrow, I'm going to meet my new baby friend, Hannah. There's nothing scheduled for Thursday, as far as I know. Friday I have my annual New Year's Eve Eve drunken sushi happy hour. It feels like this year, I won't end up hung over on New Year's Eve. Not that I have NYE plans, either.

MY LIFE IS SUPER EXCITING.

Whatever. At least I don't have to go to work.

2 comments:

Gia said...

OOOOf I HATE bad sleep. Just have a glass (or ten) of wine before bed.

Jess said...

I'm not sure I had 10 (not even close, actually), but I tried! I think it was the effort that led to me sleeping NINE GLORIOUS HOURS.

Finally, some vacation success.