28 December 2011

Doing vacation wrong.

I really do feel like I'm not using any of my vacation days to relax. Today was one of the only vacation days I've had where I didn't set my alarm. Really? What the fuck is that about? And here I am, feeling like I am just sitting down at nearly 11:00 p.m.

Oh well. At the end of the day, what matters is that I'm not at work. I may be busy, but at least I'm mostly busy doing stuff I want to do.

Today, I went to meet my new baby friend, Hannah. She's a pretty awesome baby. I was delighted to see pictures of her on Facebook and see that W&J produced a cute baby. I always hate trying to pretend I think someone's baby is cute when it's ugly as sin. And don't give me that, "oh, every baby is cute!" bullshit. You know that is not fucking true.

But Hannah is cute. She has a freakishly strong neck -- I don't recall any other nine-day-old babies cranking their heads around, or lifting them, like she did. She was crazy alert, too. I like her!

After hanging out with Hannah and W for a while, I went to run some errands. One of them was shopping for a dress for New Year's Eve. I believe I said on my post yesterday that I didn't have plans. That changed at some point in the wee hours and I'm delighted. The Boy I Currently Like and I are going to M&M's place for a party. It's the third consecutive year. I feel like it's a guaranteed good time.

Oh sure, I could have worn a dress I already have. That's what I did the last two years. But I didn't have anything I really wanted to wear. I figured I could find something super cheap on clearance. I did, but it was $50 instead of $35 and not terribly fancy. It's actually a dress I could wear again. I still might hit another place tomorrow, just to see if I can get something party-y and cheaper. But I'll be okay with this dress. After all, I can wear sparkly eye shadow.

I feel like tomorrow is my last totally free day of vacation. Friday is New Year's Eve Eve sushi happy hour. Saturday is New Year's Eve. Sunday I'll be recovering from that hangover and then Monday I have to get ready to go back to work. HOW DID I WASTE MY ENTIRE VACATION? Dammit.

Oh well. I still have five days where I'm not at the office. And by then, I'll be glad to get back to a routine. Still ...

No comments: