04 December 2011

Doing stuff.

I kinda feel like I've been going non-stop since I got up this morning. It wasn't terribly easy to get out of bed, but I managed to do it, all the same.

Within about ... oh, I don't know, a half hour of waking up, I was full of energy. I WANTED TO DO STUFF.

So, I went to the gym. Then I went to the grocery store. After eating and showering, I started in on laundry. Then I made Double Chocolate Cherry Espresso cookies. Then I did dishes. Then I finished laundry. Then I made corn chowder for lunch this week. Then I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. Then I did dishes again.

And here I am, still not entirely ready to recline on the couch to flip between football and Harry Potter. It's a bit disconcerting, to be honest.

After the third batch of cookies this weekend, I've now made three practice batches for the bit Cookie Exchange next weekend. And I have no idea what I'm going to make for the exchange. At the moment, I'm leaning toward one of the chocolate cookies. Probably the cherry-espresso cookies, because they don't involve double-boilers. Except, I've not been able to find instant espresso powder. I just used an instant dark roast. They were lacking a bit in coffee flavor, but still had that depth that coffee gives.

Since I have to wait until late tomorrow to go to the gym, I think I'll make one more practice batch. This time it's double chocolate with sea salt. Well, I'll make the dough. It has to sit in the fridge for a bit. Then I'll bake them on ... Wednesday? I'll have to go to the gym late on that day, too.

So much fucking baking. At least I've got another short week. Actually, I'm totally excited about this week. Which seems a bit odd, with the four days of work. But since I have nothing scheduled, I feel so ... free. For now. I'm sure something delightful will fall on my plate before too long.

No comments: