26 December 2011

Comin' home.

Technically, I came home yesterday, but I was here for less than an hour before I went to The Boy I Currently Like's house. So really, I just got home this afternoon.

Most of my shit is put away, but there will be several things that linger around in corners and not-so-out-of-the-way places for entirely too long. I try, but at a certain point, it becomes too much work to put all this goddamn shit away.

Christmas with the fam wasn't entirely terrible. Early on I felt like they were ganging up to talk shit about me, so I just drank more. It seemed to help. I somehow managed to get out of going to church. I was happy to have to get most of dinner ready instead of being crammed into a pew in an overcrowded, hot, noisy church.

I even managed to not be weepy, despite this being my first visit to the farm since Brandi was put down. I think the prospect of the new puppy kept a lot of the sadness away. We talked a lot about names and stuff, so it was at the forefront of my mind.

Now I'm home, after a really lovely Christmas night with The Boy. He got me awesome presents and I feel like I did pretty okay for him. But mostly, it was nice to be around someone who wasn't going to judge me and shit.

I'm pretty excited about not having to work this week. Except for that half day I'm going to put in tomorrow, probably. I need to go see W&J's new wee baby girl and there will be a New Year's Eve Eve sushi happy hour, but that's about it. I feel like I'll be able to do a lot of lounging.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to focus my attention back on this TIMBERWOLVES OPENER. Oh my God, y'all, I'm so thrilled the NBA is back. Merry fucking Christmas, indeed.

2 comments:

Gia said...

Hahahha spending time with the fam is ALWAYS better with alcohol, for sure.

Jess said...

It's pretty much the only way I find it tolerable.