03 December 2011

Can't. Stop. Baking.

This is my second batch of cookies in as many days. And I've been amassing the ingredients for another three cookie types over the last couple of days. Unfortunately, while out buying shit like gray sea salt, orange blossom water and instant espresso powder, I neglected some of the basics. I'm running quite low on granulated sugar and all-purpose flower. Nice work, idiot.

But what else is there to do on a night like this?


I've been making cookies from my Alice Medrich book. Yesterday I made Bittersweet Decadence Cookies and tonight it was Triple Ginger Cookies. I've got a number of ideas in mind for tomorrow, but I have to keep in mind that I have several days off coming up. So, you know, I don't want to make everything right away.

The snow keeps on coming, and the Weather Channel total keeps getting revised. We were supposed to have less than an inch, but there was a half inch on my car when I went out within an hour of it starting. The Weather Channel now says 2.4 inches, but I have at least three on my deck railing and other surfaces out there.

I'm concerned I might (finally) be getting a cold. I will be bummed. But maybe it'll be like all of those other false alarms I've had. *crosses fingers* I started taking the generic zinc tablets pretty much as soon as I got home from The Boy I Currently Like's place today. It might help if I go to bed early-ish tonight, but ... well, that just ain't me. There's stuff to do/watch/read.

No comments: