08 November 2011

I have hope again.

Mississippi defeated the personhood amendment (note: the Google doesn't recognize "personhood" as a word. It's a tip).

That is so beyond awesome.

In Ohio, the collective bargaining law was defeated. A significant majority -- 61 percent of the votes as of the latest reports -- voted down the law.

This is also so freakin' awesome. I really do have faith in my fellow Americans again tonight. Of course, the Republicans/right-to-lifers will find some way to deem these decisions not a mandate or not the will of the people. That's what they do. But the fact of the matter is, the people rejected those measures.

These votes tonight also give me hope for Minnesota's marriage amendment next year. But that vote won't come for nearly a year. Still, a little hope is a great thing.

I also got to spend a little wine-time with Urbanwanderlust tonight and even got a little butt-fondling from The Boy I Currently Like. Not bad for a Tuesday. That a second Le Mystere bra is about to bust another side wire is less-than-awesome news. Great.

No comments: