22 November 2011

Holiday prep.

Holy shit. I think I'm mostly ready for Thanksgiving. AND IT'S ONLY TUESDAY. I'm pretty sure my shopping is all done. I did the bulk of the cleaning tonight. There's pre-cooking to do tomorrow and last-minute clean-up to do tomorrow/Thursday, but damn, I think I got this shit under control.

That's a far cry from earlier today, when I was panicking about how could I possibly get everything done? And I have an extra day off this year, plus a day working at home instead of the office and all the bullshit that goes along with that.

Quite honestly, I think it is the extra time off that fucked me up. I didn't do a goddamn thing this weekend to get ready. I can't think of a reason now why I didn't, though. Idiot.

Today was pretty goddamn busy, despite my not working. I was at the gym less than 90 minutes after I got out of bed. I went to three different stores (one of which I went to twice, because the first pass through yielded no parking spots -- and I did that shit having to pee). I had some downtime while seeing The Ides of March with W (which was better than I thought it would be and my first Ryan Gosling movie ... is that his real accent?), but other than that, I've been pretty much going all day.

I feel like I should have cleaned the bathroom, but that's something best left until right before my company arrives. I also have to get ice yet, but again, that's a last-minute thing. I'm sure I've forgotten something major. Or maybe it's just that I have to make cranberries, sweet potatoes and a chocolate stout cake tomorrow, in addition to going to the gym, getting a mammogram, having lunch with KayGee and getting to Liquor Lyle's by 4:30 for Thanksgiving Eve festivities that is weighing on my mind.

Eh, whatever. I mean, I should probably be in bed, but there are good songs coming out of my computer and my wine glass isn't empty. Also, I'M ON VACATION. Shit will work itself out. Right?

No comments: