05 November 2011

Drinkin' and cleanin'.

I've been rather productive since I left The Boy I Currently Like's house this afternoon. Not necessarily in the way I'd hoped to be, but what can you do?

My errands started off well, but then I forgot a receipt for some shit I wanted to exchange. Byerley's didn't have any Malbec or Zin Bota boxes (they are having a buy-one-get-one-half-off sale). Trader Joe's didn't have any boxed wine either.

On the flip side, I remembered I needed quarters for laundry before I even started my errand-running. When I got to the gym, I found out my iPod was without battery power. FUCK. But then! I remembered I had my phone and therefore I had access to music. Thank you, Google Music. You're the best thing in the entire world.

When I was listening to my gym playlist on my phone, I realized I'd forgotten my phone charger at The Boy's house. Fortunately, I was able to get to T-Mobile to buy a back-up phone charger. I also got an update, a case plus screen protector and a new SIM card. The girl who helped me marveled at how old my current SIM card was. It was still branded Voicestream, for one thing. I've probably had it for as long as I've been with T-Mobile/Voicestream, which is around eight years or more.

So, my phone works better now, I guess. I got to do some drinking and cleaning. My apartment no longer totally disgusts me. And I'm all clean. Honestly, I don't know where drinking and cleaning has been all my life. I usually clean when I come home from the gym on the weekend, so I can get dirty while I'm already sweaty and gross.

I ran out of time for laundry, which is a bummer. But I'm getting a little cooking done, so all is not lost. And I get an extra hour of sleep tonight! I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of that.

No comments: