16 October 2011

I'm productive!

Holy crap, I feel like I've gotten a shitload of stuff done this weekend. (Wait -- what's this? "Shitload" doesn't have the red, squiggly underline. It's a real word!)

After I came home from The Boy I Currently Like's house yesterday, I ran some errands, tried -- and failed -- to go to the gym (long story involving a soaking wet purse), did my laundry, made soup, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned up some veggies and did my dishes. I even managed to drink a bunch of wine.

I managed to get up early today and get to the gym by like, 10:15, which has been unheard of in my house for the last couple of years. I even woke up before my alarm went off. CRAZY. The early trip to the gym was necessary because I was going to my goddaughter's basketball game. I did so well that I beat her dad and grandparents to the game. In the interest of full disclosure, I do only live about a mile from the venue. Still -- I made it on time.

After the game is really where I got my chance to shine, productivity-wise. I was the Bookmobile lady, picking up and dropping off books for KayGee, The Prison Librarian and W. I got some dog-petting in, saw some craftiness and technology and bought socks and underwear in between.

When I got home I decided I needed to do some baking, because, despite the note on my door telling me "heating season has begun and you need to get your air conditioner out of the window), the temperature in my apartment has only dropped since I got home yesterday. The heat hasn't kicked on once. I don't want to have to fucking call them. Gah.

Possibly the most exciting thing to happen to me this weekend, though, was that I finally got NFL RedZone. Except I wasn't home to enjoy it for the vast majority of football today. Next week, though, I'm gonna watch the shit out of it!

No comments: