22 October 2011

BEARS!

The Boy I Currently Like and I took Friday off work, as we both have a considerable number of days to take before the end of the year. We had a delightful day -- we started at Como Zoo, where we went to see the bears visiting from the Minot Zoo. They sent two brown bears and a Grizzly to Como because there was really terrible flooding there earlier this year.

The bears are pretty awesome.


We saw so many more active animals on Friday than any time we've been there. One of the lions was awake, the tiger was up and walking around, the Arctic foxes were running around, we saw the Caribou, and Buzz, the dominant male polar bear, was putting on quite the show, or so we heard.

After the zoo, we went bowling, which was delightful. Then we went to a Nacho Party. It was a really fun day. I'm not sure we've had a day where we've done so much together.

Today, I went to W's baby shower. It was a pretty good shower. There were mimosas and my family wasn't there. I got to pet a dog and hang out with a four-year-old, who seems to think I'm okay. Meeting a friend's family is always interesting.

It's weird -- it's like pulling teeth to get me to go to a cousin's baby shower. But I was happy to go to W's shower today. I think it goes to the whole "family of choice" thing. I'm really glad I have such a great family of choice.

There is probably more for me to write. I made some delicious food this evening, but I am tired and I need to get to bed, 'cause I have to get to the gym early so I can get to a football-watching, Rock Band-playing party.

No comments: