18 September 2011

It's gettin' hot in here.

What with the near-freezing temperatures and all, it's been a might bit nipply up in Casa de Bacon over the last several days. However, a couple of days of more near-normal temps and a few hours of using the oven and stove and washing dishes have jacked up the temp in here. Yay!

I shouldn't have to worry too much over the next several days, as the high temps are supposed to be in the 70s for most of the 10-day forecast. I couldn't turn the heat on, since the management company controls that shit, but I'm still glad we toughed it out.

The chilly weekend was made more bearable by the fact that I wasn't home most of the weekend. I went to the Twins game with the fam Friday night. I was up and out of the house by 10:00 Saturday to go to the nephew's football game. I was home briefly between the game, running errands and heading out to The Boy I Currently Like's place.

What with all the cooking I've done tonight, I've not been cold at all. I made pork chops in a white wine sauce with rosemary and garlic, oven-roasted potatoes and shortbread. I'll go ahead and assume the shortbread is good and proclaim the weekend cooking a success.

I feel bummed there's nothing exciting to discuss. I got new gym shoes. I had a Groupon for the Running Room and got some sweet new kicks. I got a cool '60s vintage purse for just $18 from Blacklist Vintage. Um ... that's about it.

This just in: I'm boring.

No comments: