14 August 2011

Post-party reading orgy.

Once again, I have a party that ends with one friend and the strangers they brought to my house overstaying their welcome. How the fuck do I attract these people?

The Pizza Luce block party was delightful. It was a gorgeous day, the bands were great and I got to hang out with KayGee and The Prison Librarian. The day also featured a visit from W and her doggies. But the day ended with Macho Man and three friends I'd barely met sitting on my couch kinda ignoring me when I desperately wanted to clean up a little and go to bed.

Macho Man cannot take a hint. He won't even leave when I tell him I'm tired and want to go to bed and "It's time for you to go home." Last night was no different. One of his friends could see I was dead on my feet and said they should leave because I was falling asleep. I bet it was another half hour before they actually left.

At least he didn't bring his ex-girlfriend. And I didn't have to specifically tell him he couldn't because I don't fucking like her. I mean, I mostly did tell him that. Just in nicer terms.

The long day yesterday led to me sleeping super late today. I think I got nearly 11 hours of sleep. I slept a good hour later than I did at The Boy I Currently Like's place the night before, and he kept me up very late. That probably explains my late sleeping.

So, I didn't get to the gym. The natural progression from my bed seemed to be to the couch with coffee and my book. I barely got up and did anything except fill my coffee cup or water glass before The Prison Librarian texted to ask if she could pop by to get her bike (another story entirely). That was the motivation I needed to at least brush my teeth and throw some water on my face. After she left I even walked up to the Uptown Market and to the grocery store.

Then, of course, I came home to do my laundry and read more. Oh, I thought about getting some work done, but this fucking book. Jesus, I can't stop reading. But I did eventually, an hour or more ago. I had to poach some chicken breasts and make pesto. I got an extra bunch of basil from Thao Farms when I walked back through the Uptown Market after going to the grocery store. That was my sign to make pesto. Of course, I bought the single bunch to make pesto, so I really just made a bigger batch than I intended.

It was probably a bad idea to skip the gym, but at least I did some walking. I'm not being super-serious about what I'm eating or what I'm doing at the gym/how often I'm going, but I feel like things are firming up and I'm looking okay. The Boy has been commenting about how much I'm working out and asking if I'm going to need to buy all new pants because I seem to be getting smaller ... but the most important thing is that I'm feeling strong and flexible and all that stuff.

None of that helped me get into the dresses I ordered for The Boy I Currently Like's Better-Looking Friend's wedding, however. Though, the dress I refused to try on in front of The Boy actually fit better than the one he watched me try on and helped me to unsuccessfully zip up. However, this dress would require a serious foundation garment and I'm not sure if I'd ever feel comfortable in such a slip of a thing even if I felt super-confident about my body.

I've ordered another dress and plan to go shopping this weekend. I'm fucking obsessing about what I'm going to wear to this wedding. Yeesh. And I still need shoes. If only I liked shopping.

No comments: