23 August 2011

Oh, hello there. I remember you.

I feel as if it has been weeks since I last blogged. A quick check shows it has only been six days. My life often feels like I've entered some sort of time warp, so I'm not terribly surprised.

Oh, I meant to blog many of the last six days. I swear I did. I had all of these ideas. Of course, I don't remember any of them now.

There must have been one about shopping. I ordered a dress to wear to The Boy I Currently Like's Better-Looking Friend's wedding later this week. My first foray into a dress for the wedding was a failure. The second attempt? SUCCESS. Just a little black dress (but not really that little). It's got a retro feel. Seems comfy.

But then I needed shoes (also Spanx). I spent nearly 90 minutes at the Mall of America, shopping for shoes and other things on Sunday. It exhausted me. I came home with two pairs of shoes, and I don't know how much either pair will work. I have a problem with closed-back shoes, because I have weirdly narrow ankles. So dress shoes, especially, tend to slip off my ankles as I walk. It's lame and annoying. At least one of these pairs of shoes does that. I'm trying to break them in at work while also determining which insert option best helps to keep my heels in place. I've not found success and I'm running out of time. I guess I always have my red sequined flats that I wore at my brother's wedding as a back-up.

So there is the shopping. I meant to get my wee suitcase out tonight to start packing, but I just finished working 20 minutes ago, so that's not happening.

Oh yes, work. It is making me crazy. A short week makes for a horrible week. Chicken Little is losing his shit, as usual. Yes, I'm also worried about how much time I have to spend on this project due tomorrow, but you're the one who made me take on three hours of rush work today. Ass. I figure it's payback for me delighting in the New Guy getting a 20-minute earful from Chicken Little.

I'm not entirely sure what it is all about, but I think it has something to do with his time. He's new, so things take longer. I really feel like he took way too long in the thing he was doing for me (another reason I'm short on time for the project due tomorrow). The whole thing about having an informal training schedule is that it can go out the window very quickly. And that is apparently what has happened. We were supposed to have weekly Friday meetings to review with our boss, but of course, he was gone this past Friday and didn't tell us he would be out. I'll be out this Friday, so there that goes.

Chicken Little seems to have just fucking taken over. That's exactly what we didn't want to happen, as was my understanding. But whatever. I don't fucking care. I'd rather someone else work with him, because I don't want to.

You know, when I started this post, I kinda felt like I had a theme or rough outline in my head. However, I've just been typing and probably saying nothing. My brain is fried after 11 hours of work or so. At least tomorrow is my Friday. Based on the last several Fridays, I will assume it's going to suck big, hairy donkey balls.

No comments: