06 August 2011

Obsessed.

I'm not all that bummed tonight that W is fighting off a summer cold and I never heard back from KayGee and the Prison Librarian, when I texted to say I was around if they wanted to hang out.

No, I'm very much content to stay at home tonight and read the third book in the "A Song of Fire and Ice" series (A Storm of Swords). It seemed kind of silly when I suggested to The Boy I Currently Like when I was still at his house earlier today that I would be exponentially nerdy and read the book while The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King played on the TV in the background. And yet, I did just that, 'cause I'm a nerd, y'all.

But it's not been all reading and nerdery tonight. I showered. And I've been doing a lot of cleaning/tidying up, in preparation for next week's Pizza Luce Block Party. I know there are people who will be out of town, but I'm sure some of my friends will go and will want to pee and why use the port-a-potties when my bathroom is so close?

Yet, the book is calling to me. So, I worked out a bargain with myself. I can read a chapter after I complete a task. It worked pretty well, but I now feel like I've done enough, dammit and I can just lay on the couch and read the rest of the night. The rest of the cleaning can wait until tomorrow.

Last night, The Boy ordered his suit for The Boy I Currently Like's Better-Looking Friend's wedding. It's gonna be super dashing. Unfortunately for me, the dress I'd been planning to order sold out in my size in the last couple of days before Friday, when I went to order it. I ordered a couple of others, but man, I highly doubt they'll work. I don't know what I'll do. And then there will be shoes to buy, and Spanx ... The Boy has no idea how much I empathized with him wanting a suit that wasn't available in his size and the frustration of needing me to bust out a tape measure and feel him up to make sure he was ordering something close to his size.

Speaking of The Boy, which I have done several times in this blog post, he tried out calling me his "Lady Caller" a couple of times last night. Some of you might remember that in places other than this blog, I refer to him as my Gentleman Caller. He tried "Lady Caller" once and said right away that it didn't sound right. It didn't sound any better last night. But you know, it's nice that he's trying to think of something to call me. I don't know what would work. I don't know what I would want to be called. I'm sure he'll come up with something. He's a clever and witty man.

No comments: