04 August 2011

I've got the shakes.

I'm going through nerdy fantasy book withdrawal. Last night, I finished the second of George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series, A Clash of Kings. However, when I saw The Boy I Currently Like last week, I forgot to ask him to bring it, so I've got nothing to read tonight. Okay, that's not entirely true. I have comics to read (also from The Boy). I believe I've got an issue of Unwritten and maybe ... Fables? Perhaps I should read those when I'm done with this.

Since I finished the second book and W had finished the first, we did a book swap today. That meant a short bit of delightful conversation and some doggie petting. Yay to both.

I feel like I missed all this stuff, not writing for a few days. But really, all I've been doing outside of the normal work/gym routine is reading. Several things have occurred to me that I wanted to write about, but the pull of the nerd books is so strong.

There was something last week that LA Fitness briefly posted on their Facebook page saying you should do cardio first and then weights. However, in April, they posted an article (and I saw it taped up around the fucking gym) saying you should do weights first, then cardio, to maximize your workout. Based on the number of comments on the Facebook post that was deleted before I could read it, I'm guessing I wasn't the only person who remembered what they'd said just a couple of months ago.

That's one of the many reasons I don't want anything to do with their personal trainers. That shit is ALWAYS changing. Everyone has a different theory, and seemingly has data to back up their theory. Also, someone posted a sheet with "The Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer" at the St. Louis Park location ... and this list only has nine items. I cannot take anything you people say seriously.

Also from the gym, their horrible, horrible RMG Fitness Network, has been making my gym life miserable for like, a year. They show the same damn commercials over and over and over and over and over again until I want to stab myself in the eye and scream. The current object of my ire is a Gatorade iteration commercial that I will see three or four times in 10-15 minutes with some smirky fucking douche working out and flexing in front of a girl. OH MY GOD, I WANT TO KICK THAT MOTHERFUCKING JERKFACE IN THE TEETH.

The other "commercial" that repeats over and over and over again is the "real time tweets from leading fitness gurus" bullshit called Loca Moda. On the one hand, I kinda believe it is real-time because on a late Sunday morning the gossip tweets commercial kept coming up empty.

However, on the other hand, when I see the same tweets from that fucking Jeanette Jenkins telling me to do 200 crunches before bed every damn day ... well, if that is real time, she's got fucking problems with being repetitive. But maybe it's her job to be repetitive. Her job. Her job to be repetitive. Regardless, how do you fucking go to sleep after getting all riled up like that? Also, she talks about Jebus. He ain't got shit to do with my workout routine, thank you very much. It's like Rainier fucking Wolfcastle shouting slogans at Homer.

God, I hate the TV at the gym SO FUCKING MUCH. But I had to watch it tonight, 'cause I had no book.

Man, I was going to write some whole thing about work, but I got distracted by that gym shit I've been holding in for months. That will have to wait for another day, I guess.

No comments: