20 June 2011

While the names change, the song remains the same.

Xfinity, formerly known as Comcast, is doing a bang-up job with their new menu and whatever else they've done with our system here in Minneapolis.

Since the system change, I've lost space on my DVR. I can no longer turn the cable box off, because I might be recording something and the cable box must now remain on, lest my recordings not be recorded.

Best of all, about once a week, something I'm recording will just stop after a while. Like tonight's Daily Show. It stopped recording after four minutes, for no fucking reason. It seems to happen often with TDS. But it happened last night with Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1. It seems if I'm recording something and do anything at all with the TV or cable box, it's curtains for whatever is being recorded.

You can change your name, Comcast, but you still suck big hairy donkey balls.

3 comments:

comcastmike said...

Hi there,

I apologize for the Cable troubles you've been having. Please feel free to send us an email with your account phone number, a good contact number, and a link to this page. We will see that you are contacted to discuss these issues.

Best regards,
ComcastMike
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

erikr said...

This news from Comcast is really nothing more than a name change. As Comcast was recently voted "Worst Company in America" (Consumerist, 2011), I urge consumers to do their homework before subscribing to smoke and mirrors. I work for DISH Network and feel we have a more diverse, relevant set of technologies and options for everyday consumers and businesses. Check out this site below to take a look at the comparisons of different providers, as well as testimonials from customers. Happy hunting!! www.BestTVForMe.com

Jess said...

I'll certainly be doing that, ComcastMike, since my DVR decided tonight that 22 minutes was long enough to record The Daily Show.

This is ridiculous. Now I get to waste my time trying to get this straightened out. Because I don't have to work or anything.