19 June 2011

Weekend in pictures.

Miracle of miracles, I got to take Friday afternoon off work. Of course, I took a half day of PTO instead of just leaving early with all the extra time I've worked. I've come to the realization that I will never get that time back. That's why I'm trying to minimize the amount of extra time I work. I don't get anything from it.

With my Friday afternoon off work, The Boy I Currently Like and I went to Como Zoo to look at some animals. And we saw some great animals.

There was a new baby bison born on Thursday!


The baby orangutan is probably more like a toddler now. But still ridiculously cute.


We didn't get to see the polar bears this time. They were hiding somewhere. So, we spent a lot more time watching the orangutans.


Saturday was Rock the Garden. It was rainy and wet and gross and really fucking crowded. I'd not been since the first year. It's only gotten more popular (despite the shitty line-ups), so it was pretty ridiculous. I was mostly going to see Neko Case, but the sound was shitty for her. It was a bit weird, because Booker T. Jones was loud as shit. And then Neko was too quiet. We left during My Morning Jacket, who were not nearly as amazing as I was led to believe they would be.

I doubt I'll go again.


People were using the port-a-potties in their bare feet. It was disgusting.


These brilliant moochers got to watch for free and didn't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for beer and food.


Today I went down to the farm for Father's Day. I got to pet the dog and went through my old albums. As you can see, my love of love of Duran Duran's John Taylor dates back to 1984's Arena album.


Here's my favorite doggie in the whole wide world. She was delightful, as always.


It was a pretty darn good weekend. I'm exhausted, of course. But I had fun. Next weekend is offering more awesomeness. It's Pride weekend. The Boy I Currently Like's Better-Looking Friend and his fiancée are supposed to be coming to town. That's a lot of fun and drinking on the horizon. Should be enough to get me through the week.

No comments: