02 June 2011

I was so close.

I really thought I'd be able to leave work on time today. "On time" means after eight hours. Or 8.5 or even 9 hours. I was a bit unsure as to what I'd do with myself, leaving work at 5:00. That would give me time to run home before 6:30 yoga. How decadent!

Of course, I didn't leave work until after 6:30. So no 6:30 yoga. But at least I wouldn't have to work from home tonight. Except I'm working from home now. Honestly, people who submit "urgent" or "rush" requests on Friday are just fucking evil.

I wanted to leave early tomorrow to go to Happy Hour, but my Facebook post asking if anyone was interested went un-commented on by everyone but Em. And she lives in Milwaukee. I'm fucking tempted to see if she wants to do it on Saturday.

Sure, I can just get drunk at home. It's cheaper. And it's supposed to be hot and possibly thunderstorming. Still, if I had a reason to leave, I might actually leave work early. I almost certainly have to work this weekend. What is another couple of hours if it means I can leave early?

Fuck. My brain is fried. I don't know where I was going with this. I should probably not bother trying to blog when I'm overworked and stressed the fuck out.

5 comments:

angelsroy33 said...

Take a deep breath, mix a cocktail, and stay home. When you are THAT tired you're better off anyways. And don't forget, sometimes you just gotta learn to say 'no' to some,- even at work. Than tomorrow go out and have some fun. Okay, didn't mean to sound so lecture-y.(Gawd, I sound like my mother!) sorry.

raquelselin@hotmail.com said...

I read your blog all the time- I would have a drink with you anytime we can trade work suck stories and pretty sure I would win that contest....

Anonymous said...

in response to raquel - not if i joined in !!

barbara

Jess said...

Yeah, I wish I could say no. But I can't really afford to be losing a job right now.

I did have fun this weekend, though. So thanks mom!

Raquel, are you in these parts? I'm almost always willing to drink with People From The Internet. Though, I'm sad to think of people having worse work stories (not that I don't have some of my own). Still, no one should have horrible work stories.

raquelselin@hotmail.com said...

Jess - I do live in the area - Northside baby ! Shoot me an email anytime or FB with my email address- Raquel