30 June 2011

Horrible cable companies, horrible government and Thursday night cooking.

In continued DVR drama, my recording of The Daily Show ended two minutes into the show tonight. I don't think I was even recording anything else at the time. I'm in the process of composing a strongly worded letter to Comcast/Xfinity, as ComcastMike told me to do. I'm not sure when I last saw a full episode of TDS, quite honestly. I will raise motherfucking HELL if Louie didn't record.

The whole government shutdown thing is just too fucking frustrating and depressing to talk much about. The Prison Librarian is out of a job. Last I heard, Law Talkin' Gal's job was safe. It's fucking bullshit and that's about all I can say about it right now.

And the shit going down in Kansas makes me even more stabby. Words mostly fail me because this is so rage-inducing. I just ... fuck.

So Thursday night cooking. I mostly did it because I had to make room in the fridge for tomorrow's CSA bounty. I don't think I cleared enough space, though. I made rhubarb ginger crisp and fried rice with my green onions, garlic scapes, Napa cabbage, collard greens and Swiss chard. All the vegetables were from my CSA box for the fried rice (mixed white and brown ... I was augmenting the leftovers in the freezer while trying to use up stuff from the cupboard), but I thought I could use a bit of my frozen green beans and corn, to try to make a bit more room there. Turned out delicious. Score!

And now I'm getting sleepy. Tomorrow is a short day at work, thank you Jebus. Pretty sure I'm going to have to work over the weekend, but what can you do. Hanging out with The Boy I Like Tomorrow night. It's hot as balls here in the Minneapple (though, it's finally under 90 degrees!) and he only has AC in his bedroom. I'm a dreading it a little, but he's such delightful company that I don't really care.

I'm starting to babble, I think, so I'm going to sign off and watch TV or read or something.

No comments: