14 May 2011

You got me, Minnesota Spring.

Oh, I was so cocky. It was so cold for so long and our heat wasn't turned off because the management company never had a chance. It's May 14. It was nearly too hot to sleep a few days ago. And here I am, freezing in a 62-degree apartment.

It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been here last night. Alas, I was at The Boy I Currently Like's house. His heat is still on. Actually, since I got home late this afternoon and turned on lights and the TV and had a pot of water boiling on the stove for an hour or so, it's up to a comfy 65 degrees in here.

Thankfully, this won't last. It's supposed to be 64 and sunny tomorrow (okay, 62), which is super-perfect for the Lyn Lake Street Festival tomorrow. I'm super-pumped about drinking outdoors and watching bands with friends. Oh, and the weather will get warmer from here on out. That's what the 10-day forecast says, anyway.

Since I hung out with The Boy last night, I'm home doin' my own thang tonight. This includes: drinking wine, clearing shows off the DVR, playing with my makeup (I was going to include pictures, but my eyebrows look kinda shitty, and I wasn't super-fastidious about application or anything) and ... blogging, I guess. This post is taking for-fucking-ever to get out.

There may have been other things I was going to write about, but I can't think of them now. There are too many things going on around here and I'm all distracted.

No comments: