10 May 2011

More First World problems. Or, Monday in a Hat blows.

Oh Tuesday. Why do you torment me so? What did I ever do to you?

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure it's all Tuesday's fault. I'm giving equal billing to PMS. I assume it's PMS, because my tits are so very sore. The cramps are a clue, as well. Plus, there is the tooth sensitivity, skin so sensitive it hurts to put on makeup, clumsiness and a very sensitive gag reflex (am I the only one with such odd symptoms?). So, I'm sure my petty horribleness is at least in part to hormones. So maybe I'm not a completely horrible person.

Despite work making me crazy and pissing me off, I was all set to get out at a reasonable time and get to the gym so I could enjoy a beer on my deck in the 85-degree humidity. I made sure to put beer in the fridge before I left for work for that very purpose. But I stayed late and traffic sucked and I cut my workout a wee bit short, but I still managed to get home right as it started to rain.

When I tried to go out to the deck after it had stopped raining/hailing/storming to get a look at the funky sky, I couldn't get my door open. After a hearty push, I got out. My brand-new neighbor apparently pushed one of my deck chairs in front of my door. Not the best way to make a good first impression, sister. That is my deck.

I'm also a bit flustered because The Boy wants to hang out Friday instead of Saturday. That throws a monkey wrench into my plans for the rest of my week and all of my weekend.

But whatever. I'll get over all of it, I'm sure. In the meantime, I'll keep feeling horrible about feeling horrible about everything above. I'm a small, petty, horrible person. What can you do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't remember any of those symptoms but i don't think that says anything about either of us. except maybe my shockingly bad memory....
barbara