02 May 2011

Maybe this is the week things get back to normal.

I'm done with my nephew-sitting. He was more of a challenge than any of the dogs, but considerably less gassy. I'm a little surprised by the less-gassy part, quite frankly. He's a teenager, you know.

So now I'm wondering if this is the week when my life gets back to normal -- where I don't work crazy hours and I get to the gym every night and all that. Except I know it won't. I didn't get to the gym tonight, as I was making dinner for the nephew and had to pick up my sister and her friend from the airport.

That's not the end of it, either. I think I'm going makeup shopping with KayGee this week. And let's be honest -- I really want to do that. I feel bad about getting out of my gym routine anytime I do it, but things like the makeup class or makeup shopping or happy hour ... well, I still feel guilty, but not that guilty. Because I'm doing something fun/delightful, usually with friends.

This will be another not-so-routine week, but I at least I think it will be all non-work stuff pushing me out of my rut. AWESOME. I didn't even work this weekend. NO. WORK. ALL. WEEKEND. It was like some sort of May Day miracle.

I'm suddenly getting super-tired. I meant to write more, but I think I'm going to have to cut this off shortly.

The weather is supposed to get better starting tomorrow. Not that it would take much, since it snowed this morning and yesterday morning. Sure, it's just flurries. But it is snow. IN MAY. It's so disheartening, y'all.

Um, yeah, so I'm just going to stop now. I'm wiped. I'm excited to not be bitching about work, though. That feels really nice.

2 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

It's good when anything other than your job keeps from the gym...well, not really, but it does get you back in the practice of leaving the office and setting up boundaries.

Jess said...

Yeah, it's better to go to the gym than makeup shopping (though, I'm going to try to to both tomorrow) or drinking.

But you are also very right about the setting up boundaries. I try. Oh Lord, how I try. But I fail.