25 April 2011

No work, a little sun and some animals.

Holy crap. It is amazing what a day off from work (and a pretty good weekend) will do for a girl. I feel a bit renewed. Now, I don't imagine that will last. I mean, I have to go back to work tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be shitty for a couple of days. So, it's not like I'll be on some sort of high or anything.

But today wasn't the only awesome. Friday night I went to see Duran Duran. It was AWESOME. It was everything I ever hoped it would be. I'd been waiting to see them for many, many years. Like, 17 years. And I've been a fan since my age was in the single digits. I had to have been super-excited, because I was uber friendly. I talked to the people around me in line to get in. I chatted with the girls in line in front of me at the bar while waiting for my first drink. I made friends with the people I stood next to for most of the show. That's not me. I'm not usually that social when I'm alone.

I hung out with The Boy I Currently Like on Saturday and had a super-lovely time. He introduced me to Game of Thrones on HBO and I am hooked. I was hooked within minutes. We seem to have gotten to bed at a decent hour, too. Though, I fell asleep in the chair and have no idea what time it was when we actually went to bed.

Last night, I went to see the Pixies. Holy shit, was that show amazing. It was the best show I've seen at Roy Wilkins, visually. It was also amazing musically and crowd-wise. Holy crap, what a crazy-diverse crowd -- hipsters, hippies, skaters, goths, old, young (like, toddler young), Black, White, Asian, Latino, ponytails, ironic mustaches, non-ironic mustaches, skinny jeans, dad jeans ... this crowd had everything and everyone. It was awesome.

I also found out it's only $26 for a cab ride from downtown St. Paul to my place, with a stop at KayGee's place. I feel like I can afford that kind of thing these days, which is also awesome.

Then there was today. Sure, I checked two work e-mails shortly after I got up. And I did the same when I got home. I also worked for a while. But in between checking those emails? I went to the Minnesota Zoo with The Boy I Currently Like. And it was a super, amazing, awesome day. The weather was perfect -- probably 65 degrees. And sunny, with a bit of a breeze.

The Zoo was crazy lovely. Though, while we were standing in line to get it, we were surrounded by women with kids. Just women with kids. Very few families, even fewer dads with kids, some grandparents with grandkids ... but so many women with kids -- multiple kids. I'm not sure I've ever been anywhere with that many women with kids. It was a long time before we saw any other childless people.

Regardless of all the screaming children, we had a lovely day. The Boy didn't get to see his Red Panda or hold any baby animals, but we both fed goats and sheep and got to pet a wee goat kid. I even let that goat kid lick my fingers!

It was delightful and I feel okay right now. I feel like I might get through this week (as of right now, there are no crazy late nights or anything ahead of me). Things are getting better! Now, enjoy some animal pictures.






No comments: