13 March 2011

Springing forward.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the reason I'm ready for bed at 10:00 is because of the lost hour of sleep last night. Nevermind that The Boy I Currently Like once again employed his uncanny ability to keep me up far past my bedtime. I knew what he was doing the second he turned the TV to the Throwback Jamz channel. Damn you, '90s R&B for keeping me awake and engaged when I should be fast asleep.

The one less hour of sleep is tolerable, though, with the additional hour of daylight. The sun even came out for the last bit of the day. Yay! It's getting so close now, but I'm dying for the snow to be gone. I don't know that I've ever felt this anxious about the arrival of Spring. I NEED IT NOW. So much so, in fact, that I can't wait for the rain to come later in the week to help melt this fucking snow. It will take zero time for me to then start bitching about all the fucking mud everywhere, but what can you do?

I feel like most of us have been admirable in our abilities to get through this winter. I know The Boy is having a really rough time of it. We just have to keep telling ourselves that in a month or two, it will all be forgotten and we'll remember why we live here.

We're gonna make it, y'all!

No comments: