12 March 2011

No one told me there would be bacon.

Yet, right there on my Bloody Mary, was a delicious strip of bacon, sandwiched between a piece of smokey cheese and a pickle.


Instead of meeting my friends at the end of their race for outdoor beers, they opted for indoors. It's cold and windy as hell out today. After a bunch of phone calls and driving around South Minneapolis, we ended up at The Lyndale Tap House for brunch.

Despite the slow service, it was lovely. I've only ever been there for drinking, really (though, their appetizers are good). Macho Man wanted me to go for brunch last week and I declined. Doubt I'll be making that mistake again. Not only was there the bacony Bloody Mary, but you get a free Mimosa with brunch. And the shrimp and grits I had? So good -- creamy and savory and the shrimp were cooked just right. I shall return.

After the ladies hit the road for their journey back to Southern Minnesota, I decided to run out to the mall to get a few things. I got some free shit at Ulta. YAY! With my Urban Decay purchase, I got a free eyeshadow and two lip glosses. They're decent shades and deluxe sample-sized. It's a pretty sweet deal. I also got two free nail polishes, but that's because I spent a bunch of money there over the previous quarter.

My mission to buy a new purse was thwarted yet again. Goddammit. I cannot find a purse I like anywhere. It's been a few years since I bought a new purse and I really want one. But I won't buy just any purse. I've not even really seen one I like for about a year. That's just sad. I didn't get the Wonder Woman makeup I've been coveting from MAC, either. I'm having a tough time deciding on shades.

But I did manage to get a few sweaters off the Macy's clearance rack. Then I got some 20 percent off coupon. I made out like a bandit in that respect. It seems like that's the only kind of situation in which I can shop -- relatively spur-of-the-moment, in-and-out with no plan or no real intention to get anything specific.

Now I have a couple of hours to relax and watch more college basketball tournament action before heading to see The Boy I Currently Like. Not bad. I deem today a success.

No comments: