21 February 2011

At least I only have to work three days this week?

That's the one bonus I can think of about having to head out of town for this wedding. Never mind that I worked every day this weekend. I'll probably have to work when I get back to town on Sunday, too. That'll be sweet.

I've had an impending sense of dread since Saturday. I think part of that was due to the snow and all that brought with it. As it turns out, I'll be spending $18 on parking my car for two days so as to avoid getting stuck/towed/buried. I went for a drive after I worked out today, but there didn't appear to be any decent places to park. The streets where the even side had been plowed a bit were so narrow I wasn't sure I'd be able to get down the street in the morning to get out. The rest of the streets were ruts and snowbanks. I nearly got stuck several times; I had to roll through pretty much every stop sign. That's always lovely. I figured a 15-minute walk to my car in the morning was preferable to digging out my car. Either way, I'd have to get up early.

One other good thing was that my sister decided to cancel my birthday dinner. Why she couldn't have just done it last night was beyond me. Instead, I had to wait all day to do the things I wanted so as to not fuck up the schedule. The same thing happened yesterday. Fucking snow. Always fucking everything up.

When I spoke to my sister earlier about the canceled dinner, she mentioned my brother was super stressed out about the wedding; to the extent that he's neither eating nor sleeping. What the fuck? IT'S JUST ONE FUCKING DAY. That right there is perfectly emblematic of everything I think is ridiculous about weddings. It's one goddamn day. Isn't this supposed to be about the rest of your life together? Jesus fucking Christ.

The problem (or, one of them, anyway)? Someone in the bridal party and the date of someone else in the bridal party have some sort of history. From high school. There is apparently concern that the date might start shit with the person with whom she had a history in high school.

Sweet buttery Christ. There is not enough booze in the world for me to deal with this shit.

I've started the countdown, though. It'll all be over in less than a week. I'll get through this. Somehow.

1 comment:

Reuben said...

ok, now you've got your groove back.