19 January 2011

It's my version of resting, anyway.

What with all my ass bruising and swelling (I was terrified to look at it in the mirror this morning. But I did. The bruising is ... extensive. And there was enough swelling that my work pants felt tight on that side. Fun!) I figured tonight perhaps I should take a night off from the gym.

Taking a night off from the gym doesn't mean I'm going to just lay on the couch all night, however. I did lay on the couch for a while -- I even elevated and iced my ass while laying on the couch. But that got old, fast.

So, I decided to do a little baking. I made pumpkin muffins and a couple of recipes from my newish Alice Medrich cookbook. I made Blondies (with bourbon!) and cocoa brownies. The former are cooling and the latter are still in the oven. Everything looks and smells good, so I'll go ahead and assume they'll taste good. I'll test the Blondies and brownies before I give them to my coworkers of course. It's only right.

And everything was so freakin' easy. It took about 90 minutes to do the baking, plus wash dishes and have a phone conversation with my aunt. I took a break to watch a little X-Files and wait for the water to warm up for dishwashing purposes, too. Yay!

Still crabby, but I can see the end of the week coming up. Not pleased about heading out for work when it's supposed to get down to -16 tomorrow tomorrow night, but what can you do? At least it'll be Friday.

No comments: