07 January 2011

The best laid plans ...

I really intended to finally do my Top Albums of 2010 list. Yeah, it's late. I'm not entirely sure why I never managed to get around to it while I was on vacation. I've got a draft started. So there's that.

That post isn't going to be finished tonight because I had the very great idea to go to yoga after work tonight. What better way to end my week than a nice, relaxing yoga class, right? I was unaware that the Friday 5:45 yoga class was a motherfucking ass-kicker. The instructor did mention that a friend of hers in the class asked for a hard class, so maybe it's not always like that.

Either way, whatever I intended to do tonight ain't happening. I did make it to the grocery store and I even finally got to my new neighborhood liquor store, Lake Wine and Spirits. That was another thing I meant to do while on vacation. But I guess I was too busy watching recorded TV.

Anyway, I didn't spend much time there. I grabbed six bottle from the "six for $36" promotion area. The actual price of the wines ranged from $6.99 to $10.99, so it seems like a good deal. I wandered around the cheese shop for a bit, but I was so out-of-sorts, I just grabbed a couple of bars of Belgian dark chocolate for The Boy I Currently Like. It smelled like awesomely stinky cheese in there. I liked it. I fully intend to go back when I have my wits about me.

I've at least managed to get a shower and open one of my new bottles of wine. That should get me through until bedtime. I've had to retype so many things in this post too many times. I gotta call it quits.

No comments: